Monday, March 1, 2010

I was abducted today

If I did drugs, today would've been a day that I thought I had experienced an alien abduction. For about an hour and a half today, I sat under two little hot lamps, with things clipped around my neck and my mouth pried open. Two people with weird facial accessories peered down on me through weird colored spectacles speaking some foreign language that included a long series of numbers. I couldn't talk or move and strange sounds were coming from other rooms. At the beginning of this long process I had stood awkwardly (feet forward, back straight and tilted backwards, hanging on by just a bite clamp) and watched and listened to this huge machine squeeze my face and rotate around my head. It produced a black and white photo of an alien version of me.

But I don't do drugs! so this was just a routine exam and x-ray at the dentist. And it only cost my 'free'! There was so much going on in my mouth today but nothing was actually done. They just looked and examined every square millimeter of the surface of my teeth. I have 11 cavities and I need three wisdom teeth removed. Ugh, and this all has to be done asap. Where's really good insurance when you need it?! I'm calling around trying to find dental clinics or schools that will take care of this for free or cheap. If anybody knows of anybody who offers dental work for cheap or free let me know! Or if you know someone who would like to make a great donation on behalf of a future Peace Corps volunteer then let me know!

Tomorrow, I have another series of medical tests and blood work and things like that. This ball is really rolling fast for me. I've heard that this whole Peace Corps process for many people takes a really long time, but it's only been a few months for me. I don't think that I have any reason to be medically disqualified or deferred so I'm hoping that after this I'll only have to wait just a few more months. I'll be keeping you guys posted about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment